We are a reliable enterprise indulged in exporting and supplying our clients highly effective Stearic Acid (Various Grades)that is used as a surfactant and softening agent. Offered acid is hygienically formulated under the proper supervision of vendors' authentic professionals in sync with set market norms. This chemical is widely used in the composition of cosmetics, personal care products, pharmaceuticals, etc. In addition, this product can be availed from us in safe packaging and at reasonable rates.
Key characteristics of stearic acid include:
1. Physical Properties: Stearic acid appears as a white, odorless, and tasteless solid at room temperature. It has a melting point of around 69-71 degree centigrade and a boiling point of about 383 degree centigrade.
2. Fatty Acid Role: Stearic acid is one of the most abundant saturated fatty acids in the human diet. It is used for energy storage and as a component of phospholipids and triglycerides.
3. Food and Industrial Uses: Stearic acid is commonly used in the food industry as a food additive, primarily as a texturizer or emulsifier. It can also be found in cosmetics, candles, soaps, detergents, and various personal care products due to its stability and ability to thicken or solidify substances.
4. Biological Importance: Stearic acid is a vital component of cell membranes, where it helps maintain their structure and function. It is also involved in various physiological processes in the body.
5. Health Considerations: Stearic acid is a type of saturated fat, and like other saturated fats, excessive consumption may contribute to elevated cholesterol levels, which can increase the risk of heart disease. However, compared to other saturated fats, stearic acid appears to have a neutral effect on cholesterol levels. It is broken down in the body to oleic acid, a monounsaturated fat, which does not raise cholesterol levels.
6. Sources: Stearic acid can be found in natural sources like animal fats (such as beef, pork, and butter) and some vegetable oils (such as cocoa butter, shea butter, and cottonseed oil).